pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] Project plan feedback

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <john@eco-living.net>, Permaculture Plant Database <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] Project plan feedback
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:52:20 -0800

hi John and everyone,

Next question - which may obviate my previous question - is this
intended to be a high-level plan/overview for the sake of Threshold
Foundation, or is this intended to be our actual working project plan
for our use in guiding the project?
I AM ACTUALLY USING THIS AS A TEMPLATE FOR BOTH DOCS - ONE FOR THRESHOLD AND
ONE FOR US.

If the former, I think it's mostly OK as it is, with one major quibble -
I don't think it's realistic at this point to include as a phase one
deliverable any kind of GBI/web-like UI. Not that it couldn't happen.
Seems unlikely to me though.
OK, PERHAPS I'LL ADD THAT TO PHASE 2. WHAT DO OTHERS THINK? CHAD????

If the latter, I think a timeline based spreadsheet sort of layout would
be more appropriate for our uses within the project - and easier to
modify in terms of tracking what actually gets done when, what comes
before/after/during what, adding details or sub-tasks, and so on.
FINE. DIDN'T YOU MENTION AT ONE POINT THAT WE COULD USE AN ISSUE TRACKER FOR
THIS PROCESS? OTHERWISE, WHAT SOFTWARE WOULD YOU RECOMMEND? MS EXCEL?

> 4. ...Chad, are you alive?

Second that...dude?? Yo!
YEA, I'M A LITTLE WORRIED... DOES CHAD HAVE A PHONE NUMBER?

PEACE
*S