pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] starting then...

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] starting then...
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:22:38 -0700

don't know the answer to the plone question, but I am excited about you
getting started!

yeehaw
*s

Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org> wrote:

Ok, so I am going to really start work RSN. I am in mid transition
office wise so I'm a little off balance at the moment, but as soon as
Saturday and no latter than Monday I will begin billable work on the
Phase 1 specifications.

I have one question that I don't need to know the answer to right off,
but that we may want to discuss. This is, do we want to couple our
project tightly with Plone. I can, using Plone Archetypes, create
objects that are compatible with the plone CMS style of doing things,
subject to workflows, reviews, etc. The immediate/obvious advantage
is that things like comments, articles, and discussions already exist
in Plone and we don't have to create them later. I can also do this
pretty easily at a later date so I don't need to know right off.

Anyway, I'll post a tarbal/zip for y'all (Rich M. mostly) to check out
as soon as I have something interesting (hopefully in a couple of days
after starting). As soon as I start I will also probably have a
million more questions... esp. nailing down the essential attributes
of plants and so forth, so expect me to back in full on list bombing
mode then.

perl -e 'print pack"H*","7079674067616c617465612e6f72670a"'