pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] PIW website/shared webspace online

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson@stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] PIW website/shared webspace online
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:17:04 -0700

Looks beautiful, Chad!

I don't think I got a login name and password, can you please send me
one. Also, I'm a bit embarassed that I'm the only one without a
website...been planning to build one for myself, maybe now is the time.

I like the idea of the logo, but I don't really like *it*...yet:
-web looks too diffuse and foggy, you can't really see it that well
-since the letters PIW are light, and "ermaculture," "information," and
"web" are light, it doesn't read intuitively that P goes with
"ermaculture, etc. Although it is obvious to us, since the letters are
the same color as the background, they fade into it. And since the word
letters are bright black, they stand out. I would make PIW darker or the
words a bit lighter. But I would also change a few things... I'll
sketch some things out, and maybe find a scanner (since I wouldn't be
able to do this on Photoshop).
Am I being too nitpicky? Logos can definitey turn you on or off...

Regardless, THANK YOU CHAD.

tchau tchau
*Stephanie

Chad Knepp <pyg@galatea.org> wrote:

This is mostly Chad having fun and doesn't have that much to do with
our project other than having http://permaculture.info resolve to a
pretty webpage. Anyway, this is a heavy duty collaborative CMS
environment complete with workflows and other nifty features... think
*wiki on steroids*. John S.: Collector is there if you wanna mess
with it, but it didn't look that great to me.

Y'all should have gotten an email with a login name and a password
(that you can change). If you didn't and want one write me directly.

If you want to mess around you should be able to create news articles,
discussions, comments, etc. Also check out the search engine.

perl -e 'print pack"H*","7079674067616c617465612e6f72670a"'