pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on III

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on III
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:57:20 +0000

o I switched horses at the point when it seemed like you would be
easier to get to move on this than Lawrence. I also am pretty
against the idea of committing a lot of resources toward getting
ibiblio a server for all of the previously mentioned reasons.
Going this way obviates the need to even have that conversation
(something I was dreading).

If it's ibiblio or nothing, then I support you going with the ORM approach so we can stay as object-oriented as possible given that it'll be MySQL RDB on the back end.

And if it's ibiblio or nothing and you do take the ORM on MySQL development platform route, I completely agree there is no need to do anything more regarding buying hardware for ibiblio. I gather you'll have what you need with their existing systems and we can devote all our attentions and resources to development, testing and data-gathering.

That's where I'm at, and, I'm still catching up on mail.
My laptop has had a hiccup or two booting, hopefully nothing serious but if I vanish for longer than usual from e-mail y'all please bear with me if I have to borrow bandwidth elsewhere.