pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] moving on III

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] moving on III
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 12:02:51 +0000

Aloha,

For a complex mess of reasons I will not articulate at this point, I
feel that the best direction to go at this point is to reiterate my
latest proposal.

The project platform will start based on the Eden engine with an ORM
interface to an RDBMS (probably MySQL) anticipating forward porting
to Zope 3 in the future if funding and hosting allows. Also, it
will be hosted on ibiblio.

You have stated previously that you are making this proposal to "keep the group together."

Our basic difference appears to be:

I observe Lawrence stating clearly that he will leave the project if it is not hosted on ibiblio. Most recently, that he will do so if it is not hosted on ibiblio immediately.

I support him in making this choice - that is, choosing to leave if his needs are not met in this particular way through the outcome of our group process. I do not think his needs concerning hosting on ibiblio are more important to the project than our overall group outcomes.

I do not support changing your previous "best compromise" proposal of [arashi/zope ----> ibilio], agreed to or at least not blocked by all but Lawrence, in order to keep Lawrence from leaving.

At present I don't see any reason for your abrupt abandonment of that proposal for this most recent one other than to keep Lawrence from leaving.
Especially when you say:

> It is also not really what I thought was the best
choice.

So I would like to hear some articulation of the complex mess of reasons you mention above.
And of course you can say no to my request.