pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][5]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: John Schinnerer <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] [synthesis][5]
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 20:59:22 +0000

Aloha,

Reminder - I will be incommunicado August 12 - 19 (and probably way drowning in mail when I return...).

John S. and all, when would the first “build” be ready, and accordingly, the first user-testing session?

When ready will be up to programmer-dudes. Ad-hoc testing can start as soon as it's deployed AND it would be really nice to have our issue tracker ready.

∑ John o set up issue tracking system and whatever data/parameters/
customizations are necessary to start using it on our project

See my forward of response from ibiblio, and request for John H. to roll bugzilla issue tracker request into his overall contact with ibiblio.
Yes I know that was already suggested, I was just hoping to get it going sooner since we could start using it immediately if it were available.

o issue tracker working, cvs working, zope working
o Get it running somewhere/somehow

John H., if we do/have decided you will host project startup platform, can you add bugzilla to that suite of goodies?

∑ John o prepares and posts FAQs and other documentation on use of issue tracker and general software test/QA procedures and guidelines

On my to-do list...

o organize for user test of first “build” (to happen weekly from now on?)

Initially I don't see anyone other than our little group here testing.
More on testing methodologies with the docs I will post.

Week 5: August 22-28
∑ John
o Manage test/QA process and issue tracker o Test HG releases and coordinate efforts of community/volunteer testers

I am guessing this is about the time we will have a serious alpha release to work over - both for bugs and for learning about features, etc. that we didn't think of until we had at least an alpha to play with.

Week 6: August 29-September 4

I will probably be doing some traveling early september possibly to early october.
Will have my office (laptop) with me so will be able to keep a hand in on a somewhat regular basis (i.e. when I have phone line and power available :-).