pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] ...more que$tion$

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "georg parlow" <georg@websuxxess.com>
  • To: <pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] ...more que$tion$
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:01:21 +0200

2. What is an estimate of the actual number of pemaculture practitioners
there are? (I know this is somewhat impossible to answer, but significant
when applying for funding.)

:::back in 88, when i did my pcdc in oz, i was told that some 30-40.000
people have been taking the pcdc so far, worldwide.

5. Given that most people do not have the interest, or the space to
grow their own food, what can be done to make large scale organic farming
more sustainable, and how will your program contribute to that effort?

:::here in austria we have quite a few farmers, who intensely work towards
permaculturizing braodacre farming. the main focus is on
a) mixed sowings (annuals and/or biennials)
b) developing their own machinery, that allows minimizing of tilling in
annual or biennial crops
but all of them agree, that their field-cluture has to be complemented by
perennial-shrub-tree crops in order to have a chance to be really
sustainable. readymade guilds would greatly help with that.

keep it growing
georg