pchealth - Re: [pchealth] Fwd: Re: [permaculture] nutrition -- sprouted kamut bread

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pchealth] Fwd: Re: [permaculture] nutrition -- sprouted kamut bread
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:22:56 -0500

On 11/27/2012 2:51 PM, FranandDave Nokes wrote:
Hi Larry,
I've been meaning to thank you for the lecithin tip.
I was making an order from realrawfood.com when I noticed that they were
offering a non-gmo sunflower derived lecithin.
Ordered it, tried it, love it! Spread it on the sprouted kamut bread.
Also, add it to cooked oats, along with stabilized organic rice bran,
chia seeds, and occasionally some lacuma powder!

And thanks for your tips F&D.
I have used lecithin for years. I always added it to cereal. cold or hot. It can be used in baking too. I usually avoid eggs in baked goods
and never use milk or wheat. I sometimes use soy milk. To get baked goods to rise when baked or fried I have used the following:

natural organic baking powder
arrowroot powder
lecithin
soy milk
organic baking yeast
nutritional yeast
ground flaxseed meal
oat bran
corn bran
molasses
barley malt
rice malt

However, these work really well together:

natural organic baking powder
arrowroot powder
lecithin
soy milk
nutritional yeast
ground flaxseed meal
oat bran
molasses

for pancakes you can add these ingredients to
corn meal, corn flour, cooked oatmeal, rice, quinoa, corn grits

with hand crank grain mill pulverize almonds, walnuts, brazil nuts,
sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and add any/all of them

LL