oscri - [Oscri] About semantic implementation Strategy

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Juan Palacio <jpalacio AT safecreative.org>
  • To: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Oscri] About semantic implementation Strategy
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:28:05 +0100

Hi all,

I see that now we have more people in the mail list. Glad to see that our little family is growing. If you have time, please don't hesitate to introduce yourselves.

On the other hand we have been lately addressing some metadata issues, and I recall the conversation with Ben about RDFa proposal to achieve a better semantic implementation but don't recall where to find the suggestions.

We understand that for some purposes the included metadata in the file brings some problems, thus to find if there's any metadata and the nature of the rights involved we need to somehow gain access to the whole work. If there's no metadata or the matadata shows that we have no right to gain access to the work we might find some problems.

Do you have any suggestions about this. I'm specially thinking about the way P2P protocols work to solve this problem.

Bests

Juan Palacio
CEO
Safe Creative