opwg - Re: [OP] Organic pineapple in Ghana

opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Organic Pineapple Working Group

  • From: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Organic Pineapple Working Group <opwg AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OP] Organic pineapple in Ghana
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:51:04 -0600

> I assume that working it into the soil would be best
> (after all, nutrients are absorbed by the roots of the plant -

Since working organic matter into the soil would be difficult after
the crop has been planted, the number of ratoon crops desired should
be included when calculating the quantity of nutrient bearing
material that must be added to the soil in order to compensate for
any nutrient deficiency present.

On the other hand, a foliar application of compost tea could be
applied post-planting time and assimilated easily by those
adventitious roots.

Can anyone here vouch for that?

Douglas Hinds
OPWG Chair