ohp - Re: [OA-monographs] Exploring financial models

ohp AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Open access monographs

  • From: "Brunner, Marta" <martab AT library.ucla.edu>
  • To: <ohp AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OA-monographs] Exploring financial models
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:42:06 -0700

Title: Re: [OA-monographs] Exploring financial models
There are folks here at UCLA and in the University of California system who have already started exploring alternative publishing models and the library's potential role in such endeavors.  I know that reps from the California Digital Library and UC Press have been here on at least a couple occasions to discuss this issue.  I am meeting tomorrow with the UCLA Library Scholarly Communication Steering Committee and would be happy to raise David's question about the best ways to involve libraries/consortia.

Marta

****************
Marta L. Brunner, Ph.D.
Librarian for U.S./U.K. Literature and Comparative Literature,
   U.S./U.K. History and the History of Technology
11360D Charles E. Young Research Library
UCLA - Box 951575
Los Angeles, California 90095-1575
Tel: 310-825-1249
Fax: 310-825-3777