ocba - [ocba] Earth Day at Grady Brown Elementary?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Jennifer Carson <jeyestone AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Earth Day at Grady Brown Elementary?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 02:06:28 +0000

Hello OCBA!

Last year for Earth Day, Chris Apple was incredibly kind and knowledgeable as she shared information with our students at Grady Brown Elementary. I would like to continue this powerful work, but hope to offer a longer lesson for just one grade level, rather than all grade levels.

I imagine you may have prior commitments, but in case someone is available, I would like to invite you to talk with our (likely 2nd grade) students about beekeeping, bees' life cycle and/or possibly a honey tasting. I plan to chalk out a pattern so that students can do a waggle dance as well, so an introduction to bee behavior could be great too.

Total time commitment would be 2 to 2 and 1/2 hours - hoping to have 4 classes participate. (30ish minute sessions)

Let me know if it would be possible - we would love to have you join us!

Thanks for considering!
Jennifer Carson

  • [ocba] Earth Day at Grady Brown Elementary?, Jennifer Carson, 04/07/2016