ocba - [ocba] Should I re-queen this weekend or wait until Monday?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: rlfranke <rlfranke AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Should I re-queen this weekend or wait until Monday?
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 14:48:54 +0000 (UTC)

At the end of the day yesterday, I found that one of the packages I installed last Friday is queenless. Should I re-queen today? It seems to me that the colony might not care enough about a new queen cage to keep her warm tonight (if there's an efficient way to do that at all), but it also seems like they need a new queen asap. Could I get one today and keep her in my house overnight & introduce her tomorrow? Or just wait until Monday?

Thanks,
Rachel Franke

  • [ocba] Should I re-queen this weekend or wait until Monday?, rlfranke, 04/09/2016