ocba - Re: [ocba] new packages, cold nights

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] new packages, cold nights
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:29:34 -0400 (EDT)

Brad,
I believe everything will be fine and installing the hive bottom will
certainly
be fine. If folks are concerned about the weather it is certainly an option
keep the package in a cool dark place for a day or 2 until the beekeeper is
comfortable with conditions. For my new folks, we will for sure shake the
bees
in on Saturday afternoon.

I hope everyone will review the chapter in "First Lessons" as well as the NCSU
Bee Note on installing packages
http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/entomology/apiculture/pdfs/2.17%20copy.pdf

Good luck to all as we begin this adventure!

Lewis