ocba - [ocba] new packages, cold nights

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Hamsiba Family <hamsibas AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] new packages, cold nights
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:10:08 -0400

Bailey's packages are arriving Friday for installation this weekend.  We also have a Saturday night forecast of lows near 30 or lower, depending on the forecast.  Should our new beekeepers be at all hesitant at installing Friday/Saturday on undrawn foundation or empty natural comb frames?  Maybe slide those bottom boards over the screens just for a night or two?  Could it be a little chilly without any comb to snuggle into?

Thanks,

Brad
NewbeeMentor