ocba - Re: [ocba] two swarms question

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] two swarms question
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 19:53:30 -0400

I just tried it today in one of my hives. The cells weren't very far along but there were quite a few. I added a super and checkerboarded it as best I could. I'm hoping that since the cells were just starting, I might be okay. If you go it the hive and find capped cells, I think the they have already made the decision and it will harder to persuade them not to keep building cells. Also, sometimes there is a capped cell tucked in somewhere that you miss.

~Todd