ocba - Re: [ocba] two swarms question

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • Cc: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] two swarms question
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 12:58:24 -0400

This is a good question.  I don't have a good concise explanation.  Expect the unexpected.  There are very few slam dunks in beekeeping.

Our guest on Thursday will be Juliana Rangel.  She is a bit of an expert on swarms so I expect she will have as good of an answer as anyone.

This link still doesn't answer your question, but does give a bit of background on the work that Juliana has done.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_8562000/8562904.stm

Lewis