ocba - [ocba] STATE FAIR BOOTH

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] STATE FAIR BOOTH
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:01:51 -0400

Hi Everyone,
At the last meeting I spoke about our club doing a display booth at the state fair. For those of you who were not there here is a recap.

Every year at the state fair there is a bee display. Several of the county chapters set up display booths that educate the public about honey bees. Our club has participated the last two years and won 1^st prize the first year. The booths are judged based on the education value, attractiveness and quality. The state fair is held around the second or third week of October and I would like to get a group together so we can start planning what we would like to do for our display this year. We can have any theme we want as long as it has to do with beekeeping. We would probably need to meet once in the near future to come up with a plan and then again closer to the time of the fair to put it all together. We would also need people to help set it up and take it down at the state fair. Members can also enter other bee related products for judging and display those in our booth as well. Even if you are not able to help plan and participate setting the booth up, you could provide materials for the display. This is a lot of fun. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out with this, have ideas, etc. as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Becky

  • [ocba] STATE FAIR BOOTH, Becky Bollinger, 07/29/2008