nafex - [nafex] Use for Callery/Bradford Pears

  • From: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Use for Callery/Bradford Pears
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 12:50:48 -0500

I have two callery pear trees in my front yard (not by choice) that are
loaded with fruit. It's sweet but astringent, and does seem to have some
flavor. I'm sure I could easily gather several pounds from just my two
trees, let alone the trees of the neighbors. Anyone have any *good* uses
for this unwelcome fruit? Looks like there are jelly recipes online - has
anyone tried making this? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

-Pete