nafex - Re: [nafex] paw paw taste

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] paw paw taste
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 05:47:46 -0500

I have only tasted two named varieties Mango and Shenandoah.  They were both delicious, sweet, fruity, bright without the taste/smell of overripe banana (tang) that the wild fruits contain.

There was a 6 year gap between tasting them so I cannot compare their tastes directly. I do remember the mango surprised me with its deliciousness.

In my experience, the selected varieties are worth the effort. That is why I keep trying to buy grafted trees and to graft my sprouts.

Elizabeth