nafex - Re: [nafex] NAFEX on Facebook

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] NAFEX on Facebook
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:47:08 -0400

To clarify:

I can't speak for the others on here who are not interested in following
NAFEX on a social media format; but, for myself at least, I've no objection
to NAFEX having a presence there. I think that's very likely a good idea. But
I still don't want to deal with a social media site, whether it involves
circles or walls. (That google+ explanation sounds massively complicated,
both for members and for administrators. I note that even Lawrence says he'd
have to do a lot more research to figure out how it would work.)

There are lots more options than there used to be. Nobody's got time to deal
with them all. Different people prefer different ones. The increase in
options has large advantages. The disadvantage, of course, is that groups
tend to fragment. Not only is there more information out there than anyone
can keep up with (which has always been true, of course; even before the
invention of writing, as there's more information in the universe than
anybody can keep up with); but at the moment there are more types of human
communication available than anybody can keep up with.

Complaining because people don't want to use one's favored method is a waste
of time. Trying to figure out whether there are enough people who want to
keep up with the listserve to keep it going, or how many of us would use
which other method, is not a waste of time; but I very much doubt it's going
to result in a single clear answer that suits everybody.