nafex - Re: [nafex] Scientists are creating half-sized peach treesto make picking fruit easier (Modern Farmer)

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam (MPCA)" <sam.brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Scientists are creating half-sized peach treesto make picking fruit easier (Modern Farmer)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:37:06 +0000

Good point, Bob and Idell. I don't have a decent solution for selling the
trees as are the club apples. Maybe a night visit to one of those compact
tree orchards at full bloom to collect pollen?

Still, I'd like to think some of the selections might end up being propagated
and sold by the nursery industry. Seems like no rootstock is very successful
for peaches, and this development (compact trees on their own roots, if
that's what it is) would fill both commercial and amateur growers' needs. --
Sam