nafex - Re: [nafex] update on Carmine Jewel Cherry

  • From: Home <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • Cc: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] update on Carmine Jewel Cherry
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 18:13:01 -0500

Just checked on the Carmine Jewel plantings. I have about 20 tissue culture
plants from honeyberryusa and they are all flowering. Most are more like 3
1/2 feet tall but looking vibrant despite -28F. I also have a bunch of
non-tissue culture plants from St Lawrence, with much fewer flower and the
trees are not quite so vigorous even though when I planted them they were 4
or 5 times larger than the tissue culture plants which were in 4" liners.

~mIEKAL