nafex - [nafex] King Red seeds

  • From: Devin Smith <dvidedevo@yahoo.com>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] King Red seeds
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 17:57:31 -0700 (PDT)

I'm all for the mass order/ planting idea, Lee. Sign me up. Who wants to
order and distribute, and how much? It might be worth considering the region
the seeds are sourced from, not that it would be particularly easy to tell,
as well as the fruit size, again maybe hard to surmise. The purported afghan
source of the baker creek seed might prove advantageous in this regard,
compared to other areas in the middle east and central asia with less
extremes of climate. If we don't know the source, a couple of smaller batches
of fruit might be better than one big lot. I'm guessing these represent more
or less different landraces, and are not vegetatively propagated, but who
knows. Maybe best to hedge our bets with some different genetics.
-Devin Smith
Rockingham, VT

  • [nafex] King Red seeds, Devin Smith, 03/21/2014