nafex - Re: [nafex] Does anyone have a superior-fruiting Nanking-cherry? (even a seedling)

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Does anyone have a superior-fruiting Nanking-cherry? (even a seedling)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:11:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi, If my memory is correct, Edible Landscaping was selling 3 different
lines of white Nanking which were labeled, at one point, as #1, #2 and #3 due
to needing two for pollination. I've grown both #1 and #2 and both produced
sweet, delicious fruit for me, although flavor would have to be labeled as
mild. I've been very happy with them, although one of the plants died two
years ago. The very best feature is that the robins don't seem to pay
attention to them, allowing a relatively easy harvest. I think the robins
are focused on another fruit at the time these Nankings are ripening.

John