nafex - Re: [nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 14:00:55 +0530

Derry, Scot and Cliff,

I have no experience with Myrica rubra, but we have totally failed with cuttings of Myrica nagi which we call kaphal here and which is more or less similar to M. rubra except the tree size which is much smaller than rubra. There are chapters about both in Fruitipedia and a few pictures about Kaphal.

Kaphal seeds germinate but are slow to germinate and also to grow.

Though I did not get any rooting at all even under mist, but this tree has a tendency to form roots. I have seen naturally formed layers of this plant in the forest. So the cuttings will root in case they get their ideal environment.olderregion

y experience is that kaphal is a plant of relatively colder area than rubra.

If any of you is interested in kaphal seeds, you may write me around 1st of May as the season for it starts around 15th of May.

Please do see the chapters in Fruitipedia.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
www.fruitipedia.com

-----Original Message----- From: derry walsh