nafex - Re: [nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:10:24 -0500

I have tried three times to germinate bayberry seeds and all three times I
got nothing. Each of the seed batches was from a totally different source.
One batch I know was fresh because I ate the surrounding berry myself :-)

Maybe someone knows some tricks for germination? I would guess they do not
need stratification since they are from a tropical climate. I held the seeds
at about 80F for several months.

Scott