nafex - Re: [nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry

  • From: derry walsh <derrywalsh1@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Myrica Rubra / Bayberry
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:08:57 -0800

The Complete Book of Plant Propagation by Clarke and Toogood, 1992, says
for Myrica sp.:

semi-ripe cuttings taken with a heel during mid- to late summer and rooted in a heated propagating case 18°C (65 F).

Seeds sown as soon as ripe and placed in a garden frame. Transfer to heated greenhouse in late winter.

Division during early or mid-Spring, replanting the portions immediately in their permanent position.

Derry