nafex - Re: [nafex] suggestions needed for bulletproof fruiting plants

  • From: "Lucky Pittman" <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] suggestions needed for bulletproof fruiting plants
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 15:49:44 -0600

Oops. Knew I'd forget something -
Mulberries!
Illinois Everbearing is hard to beat, IMO - though it doesn't work for
everyone. Collier was good here, Wellington is crappy (for me)- not worth
picking, and has a trashy growth habit. I've seen good reports on other
M.rubraXalba hybrids, like David Smith Everbearing, Stearns, etc.
Never had a bad M.rubra fruit; some M.albas, however, even the birds won't
eat.
Never have had a chance to sample M.nigra - and doubt it'll survive in Ohio.

Lucky