nafex - Re: [nafex] Charles argument- advantage of seedling nut trees

  • From: "Charles Rhora" <rhoras@nuttrees.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Charles argument- advantage of seedling nut trees
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:09:30 -0500

Further to your comments.
I appreciate your opinion and expressions, but humbly disagree with you.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion.
The fact is, as stated, the grafted trees were more than 20 years old, and
had produced some good crops in some years and mediocre crops in other
years. The seedling orchards had produced same quality of crops in about
the same time period as the grafted trees. The point is, that, in this test
winter that I referred to, the grafted trees were not on their own roots.
The seedlings were on their own roots and survived and are still producing.
For the scientific approach, I have continued my experimental procedure with
the seedlings and developed seedlings to out perform any grafted tree
available for our climatic zone.
Just a footnote, the experiences that I had expressed cover over more than
40 years and continue to learn more each day. So you might say, I have done
my homework and continue to pursue my logical pursuit.

Charles Rhora.