nafex - Re: [nafex] Getting a Chocolate kaki to make more female flowers

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Getting a Chocolate kaki to make more female flowers
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:45:02 -0400

Jerry, the male limbs are pretty obvious on the tree, the flowers are on very
small branchlets. I was thinking the female limbs turned male, but those
limbs were much fatter so I think you are right, the female limbs are the
ones that died back. This year there is going to be almost no fruit, it
looks like less than a dozen on the whole tree. I am going to prune out most
of these small branchlet limbs and hope that rebalances it.

Scott