nafex - Re: [nafex] 'Black Pearl Thornless' blackberry source?

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] 'Black Pearl Thornless' blackberry source?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

Scott,

I consider any plant hardy here unless I've killed it myself at least twice,
so I'm not ruling out 'Black Pearl' yet. I've been surprised that some herbs
that aren't supposed to be hardy here, which I was planning on growing as
annuals, overwintered just fine.

I guess I'll order 'Black Diamond' as a substitute, but the official
description of it from the USDA says it's less delicious than 'Black Pearl.'

Thanks for your generous offer of other plants in fall. What varieties do you
have? I have plants to trade if you like. I'm overrun with strawberries, for
instance, and also have lots of tasty herbs.

Melissa