nafex - [nafex] rhubarb flowering in first week of may

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] rhubarb flowering in first week of may
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 20:26:05 -0500

My big patch of Victoria rhubarb, a green stemmed variety, is all
starting to flower and the plants are not even fully grown or leafed
out. This is typically the time of year in southwest WI when they are
just starting to pop out of the ground. I seem to remember they
flowered end of June last year, so the flowering is a full 2 months
ahead of time.

~mIEKAL

  • [nafex] rhubarb flowering in first week of may, mIEKAL aND, 04/06/2012