nafex - [nafex] Fire blight 099

  • From: Alan Yelvington <alany@semparpac.org>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>, Cider Digest <cider@talisman.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Fire blight 099
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 17:45:36 -0400

I'm learning (the hard way) about fire blight. I'm uploading videos to YouTube right now on what I've found and what I'm going to try and do to deal with it. I'm taking some comfort that fire blight does not appear to be a systemic disease, and can be mitigated with pruning (http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/ar/archive/jun97/fireblight0697.htm?pf=1).

I'd certainly appreciate any comments and recommendations. I do NOT have a spray license, so un-restricted organic solutions (proven) would be greatly appreciated.

My orchard is poorly placed in a cool/damp location, so I'll be promptly sealing all pruning cuts from now on.

Al Yelvington
Russell PA
http://www.youtube.com/ayelvington

  • [nafex] Fire blight 099, Alan Yelvington, 04/06/2012