nafex - [nafex] Sulphur spray

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Sulphur spray
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 07:55:43 -0400

Trying to be efficient I sprayed my fruit trees yesterday morning with lime sulphur at around 11am. By 2pm it ahd started drizzling and then it really rained and then it snowed.

How long does sulphur need to stay on the tree to be effective? Will I need to respray everything?

Of course today is going to beautiful.

Also, I bought some new sulphur and it said not to use it on apricots. Is this true? It was not mentioned on my last bottle of sulphur. How then should I protect my apricot from Brown rot present on other prunus in the orchard? Or is apricot considerably less susceptible?

Thanks

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome, QC