nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] Question, why drop of member numbers

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] Question, why drop of member numbers
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:30:03 -0500

On 12/21/2011 10:20 AM, Road's End Farm wrote:

And we should remember that this list is not free to maintain: it
takes Lawrence's time and ibiblio's servers and the power to run them.

ibiblio seems to be well funded and secure financially; I always worried about this previously.

Whether over the internet as a whole or on a case-by-case basis, a
form of compensation for these things needs to be worked out;
otherwise, we'll eventually be left with nothing but the advertising-
ridden, often poorly-handled alternatives such as Yahoo.

Not to worry, especially about the yahoo option, keeping this list going is a top priority for me as it is with my permaculture list. Its the community that makes the difference and of course information.

LL