nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grapes in the asparagus

  • From: Steve <sdw12986@aol.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grapes in the asparagus
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 01:05:12 -0500

Yes, Vanessa is completely seedless.
I'm in the Adirondacks so it gets cold. Most winters have at least one night that goes colder than -30. We have been down to -40 a couple of times, though that hasn't happened in 15, maybe 20 years. I also grow reliance, Venus, and Interlaken. All would be far too tender for here if I didn't prune them in the fall and lay them flat against the ground. Vanessa is certainly the most vigorous.

Steve