nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry Cuttings

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Mulberry Cuttings
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:04:45 -0500

Also very easy to start your own from seed. Seeds will germinate
without any sort of treatment, and trees will grow VERY fast. I
planted out some 3-6" seedlings I had grown in 3" pots in the spring.
Had 4 foot tall plants by the fall. And 12 foot by the next fall.
Cuttings would probably grow just as fast. Berries by year 3.

-matt