nafex - Re: [NAFEX] For those with experience with yellowhorn (Xanthocerus) - crown-spread question..

  • From: "Hector Black" <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] For those with experience with yellowhorn (Xanthocerus) - crown-spread question..
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 20:19:08 -0600

Hello Steve,
TN is a long way from NJ but here is our experience for what it's worth. We planted maybe 15 seedlings in deep bottomland along a creek. The flowers are beautiful but those that bloomed early were subject to late frosts. And the humidity here caused foliar damage.
Ours might have reached 10 ft. in 10 years but branched low down. It would have taken some training to keep the branching at 6ft. Hector Black zone 6 TN
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Covacci" <filtertitle@aol.com>