nafex - [NAFEX] For those with experience with yellowhorn (Xanthocerus) - crown-spread question..

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] For those with experience with yellowhorn (Xanthocerus) - crown-spread question..
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:11:03 -0500 (EST)

Group:
If I wanted to plant yellowhorn (Xanthocerus sorbifolia/sorbifolium) right
next to a street walk-way, once it reaches maturity, does it have good
clearance - at least up to 6'? I pretty much expect that it should get to
around 20 - 25' tall x 10' wide. So, is it growth habit leggy and
up-reaching like a Viburnum (i.e. V. prunifolium - blackhaw), so that it is
fine to plant just a 2' from a walkway?

Thanks,
Steve - NJ 6b/7a