nafex - Re: [NAFEX] University researchers working to perfect haskapberries for Canada (Vancouver Sun)

  • From: Maria Schumann <mariaschu@vtlink.net>
  • To: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] University researchers working to perfect haskapberries for Canada (Vancouver Sun)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:04:55 -0400

I got a shipment of haskaps from haskap central last year with 20% dead plants. The replacements they sent were poorly packed and in bad shape-- but mostly survived anyway. They are tough plants. This year I bought my haskaps from honeyberry USA (they also sell Uof S cherries)-- around the same price and the plants were better quality.