nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Self fertile Nanking Cherry

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Self fertile Nanking Cherry
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 11:29:11 -0600

Hi, Jim.

A quick online check shows that Nanking are reported as being able to set some fruit without another pollinator but that they producer better with a second plant. I'm wondering if there are some wild cherries in the area that could also be contributing some pollen. So the question is whether your plant has some truly unique properties.

Bill is owner of St. Lawrence Nursery.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
800-353-4898 day or eve, 7 days
(In NM, 505-281-0684)