nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Self fertile Nanking Cherry

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Self fertile Nanking Cherry
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:45:17 -0600

Hi, Jim.

How do you know it's self-fertile? I'm not sure of the status of ordinary Nankings but I've always been told to plant two. Is it possible yours is being pollinated by some other nearby cherry? Do you have some particular reason to believe it has characteristics different from other Nankings?

I've found Nankings to be one of the most reliable fruiters in our difficult area here in New Mexico, so I am interested in the status of your plant, though I 'm not set up to propogate. I'm wondering if Bill Mckintley would be interested in it.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
800-353-4898 day or eve, 7 days
(In NM, 505-281-0684)