nafex - [NAFEX] Source for Apricot i.e. cv. 'Tom Cot' and root-stock question.

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Source for Apricot i.e. cv. 'Tom Cot' and root-stock question.
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 01:27:23 -0400 (EDT)

Group:

1. What is a source for a great apricot (self-fertile; hardy to 6b New
Jersey)? I'm thinking about getting 'Tom Cot' since that get's a lot of good
reviews.

2. Is there a good (long-term compatible) root-stock for Apricot? I have a
seedling I may use, because I hear that there is no true dwarfing Apricot
root-stock, that dwarfing only occurs early on, but not enduringly.

Thanks,
Steve; NJ 6b/7a