nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Source for Apricot i.e. cv. 'Tom Cot' and root-stock question.

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Source for Apricot i.e. cv. 'Tom Cot' and root-stock question.
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:46:29 -0400

Tomcot is available from any Dave Wilson retailer, for example Peaceful
Valley. Its probably too late this year. Based on my experience, Tomcot is
head and shoulders above any other apricot variety for reliability and
quality on the east coast.

I have found Krymsk 1 to be quite dwarfing on apricots so I would consider
that rootstock. Raintree was at one point selling it in small quantity. It
was discussed on this list back in April. I also have apricots on several
other stocks and all are doing fine (peach, manchurian, tourinel, nemagard).

Scott z7 MD