nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fruit from peach rootstock?

  • From: Douglas Woodard <dwoodard@becon.org>
  • To: orders@cuttsreviews.com, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fruit from peach rootstock?
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 16:11:40 -0400

If you have a friendly neighbour with a known good cultivar, you can cut a budstick from it later this summer and bud your rootstock. It's not that difficult. I was successful years ago with apples and plums by following the instructions in R. J. Garner's "The Grafter's Handbook." The stock should be maintained in vigourous growth.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada