nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Livestock in Orchards-Many orchards in neglected state, aerial study finds

  • From: Louis Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Livestock in Orchards-Many orchards in neglected state, aerial study finds
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 12:39:20 -0500

I can assure you - from extensive personal experiences - that horses will
walk a half mile through lush grass/clover to eat the top out of or girdle a
desirable tree.
Cattle will mostly just rub on them - once they have a 4+" diameter trunk
and are limbed up 5-6 ft or so, they can't/won't do much damage.

Lucky