nafex - Re: [NAFEX] wood chips

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] wood chips
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 16:53:15 -0700

The only mulch problems I can think of would be if they're from a Juglans
species (or other llelopathic species) or if the wood was harboring a pest
that would attack what your'e putting it around. Barring those possible
issues, I think mulching with wood chips is a great idea.

Perhaps some of the more experienced folks on this list can add their own
experiences/opinions to this.

Megan Lynch

http://www.meganlynch.net

South Pasadena, CA Zone 9