nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Dwarf sour cherry

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: rmelrose@danvilleVT.net, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Dwarf sour cherry
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:53:34 -0700 (PDT)

I have a North Star Cherry here in zone 3.... tending to zone 1. It was a
large potted tree when I bought it (probably 5' tall) and it came through
last winter's -47C (which is -52.6F, thank-you metric conversion calculator!)
with no loss of branches. It didn't produce a lot of fruit, but neither did
the U of S trees in the row beside it. This spring will be their two year
planting anniversary.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB