nafex - Re: [NAFEX] aronia

  • From: Matt Demmon <mdemmon@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] aronia
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:08:32 -0500

This isn't exactly relevant, because all my experience is with germinating
seeds from fresh fruit, but in all the years I've been germinating all sorts
of seeds, I've had zero luck with japanese and european plums. Never a
single sprout, and I've had good luck with american plums, apricots,
peaches, cherries, as well as a good results with all the other sorts of
things I've tried, including persimmon, pawpaw, serviceberry, chestnut,
walnut, etc...

So I suspect from my limited experience that those types of plums are hard
to germinate for some unknown reason. Anyone else have comments?

-matt